What does the SMILE PACKAGE include:
- Assess the health of teeth, gums and other areas of the oral cavity i.e tongue, buccal mucosa (cheeks)
- Assess the health and condition of any prostheses i.e crowns, bridges, implants, dentures
- Assess jaw joints and bite
- Provide oral hygiene advice
- Discuss any diagnosis with patient and ensure they understand any recommended treatment
We recommend bitewing x-rays every 18 to 24 months. Bitewing x-rays consist of one x-ray being taken for the right side and one for the left side. They show the upper and lower back teeth in a single view. Bitewing x-rays are primarily used to check for decay between the teeth and under any existing fillings. They also show bone loss when gum disease is present.
We use Dental Grade NOVON Whitening products.
Strength: 6% hydrogen peroxide.
During your appointment we take impressions of your teeth to allow us to make custom made whitening trays for the upper and lower teeth. This would be done at the same time as the dental check-up. We then issue whitening trays and NOVON whitening gel to you within the week during a 10 minute appointment so we can go through the whitening instructions and ensure whitening trays fit comfortably